The Rehabilitation Center at The Allendale Community offers sub acute care and a wide range of leading edge therapies for people of all ages. Developed in 2006 to bridge the gap between hospitalization and home, the Center's extensive rehabilitation therapies are proven to reduce pain, increase functional mobility and facilitate the entire recovery process.
Individuals recovering from a fracture, sports injury, surgery or illness benefit from The Rehabilitation Center's diverse treatment modalities, including:
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Cognitive/psychological therapy
- Social services
To maximize each person's confidence and independence, activities of daily living such as cooking and washing clothes are practiced in the Center's kitchen and laundry room. The professional therapy staff addresses adaptive techniques that will be useful at home. Additionally, the team conducts a home site visit and evaluation of each home prior to discharge. This unique service helps identify areas that may require temporary adjustments that pose a fall risk.
In addition to certified and licensed speech, occupational and physical therapists and registered nurse supervisors, the healthcare team at The Rehabilitation Center includes social workers, dietitians, certified nurse aides, recreation therapy professionals and a patient-care ombudsman.
The Rehabilitation Center's superior accommodations and amenities include:
- Spacious rooms featuring cable TV and phone service (for an added fee)
- Comfortable community spaces, including a hotel-style lounge and dining room
- Upscale private rooms with wood flooring
- Therapeutic social and recreational programs
- State-of-the-art exercise equipment and the latest adaptive devices
- Three professional chef-prepared meals served each day
- Daily housekeeping services
- As a Medicare-certified facility and State of New Jersey-approved continuing care provider, The Rehabilitation Center at The Allendale Community also accepts private insurance benefits, where applicable. The Center does not require a down payment and can accommodate patients for as little as two weeks or up to several months.