To keep pace with the demand for home and community-based senior services, The Allendale Community for Mature Living established the Senior Social Club, an adult day program for area seniors. The Club, which opened in May of 2002, operates Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. Families may choose to enroll their loved one in any number of days.
This flexible program affords area residents the opportunity to engage in peer socialization while enjoying a delicious meal and participating in a variety of stimulating activities throughout each day. The modest daily fee includes:
- Nutritious breakfast and snacks
- Full-course luncheon, with a choice of two delicious entrees, served restaurant-style in an elegant dining room
- Social and educational recreation programs
Round-trip or one-way local transportation is also available for an additional fee.
Club members also have access to The Atrium's
community spaces, including:
- The Atrium Diner, a 1950s-style diner complete with jukebox and neon lights, serves coffee and other snacks throughout the day
- An Arcade, featuring billiards, table-top shuffleboard and pinball
- Putting green where golfers can practice their strokes
- Activities Center, Computer Center and Coffee Bar
The Club is ideal for those who live with their adult children, allowing these caregivers to continue working outside the home while balancing the needs of their immediate family with those of their elderly loved one. This program, which serves Northern New Jersey and Rockland County, N.Y., enables older adults to meet new friends, enjoy hobbies and explore new areas of interest. It is a program that benefits the whole family.
Every day is an opportunity for learning, socializing and enjoying, and the Senior Social Club offers older adults friendship and camaraderie among peers. Anyone interested in registering for the adult day care program may contact The Allendale Community at (201) 818-7979.